Monday, May 25, 2009

Blog Interviews: For Kids, By Kids

Merry, one of this blog's longtime readers, is doing an author interview on her blog on Thursday.

The author: Erica Kirov
The fun part: adults and kids are asking questions

Merry writes:
Erica is multi-published, under several pennames, and on the 28th we’ll be discussing her latest release – the first in her middle grade series: Magickeepers: The Eternal Hourglass
Erica will be hanging around in the comments section, and the entire discussion will be moderated and kid-friendly. It’s a great opportunity to learn about a fabulous new novel and talk with the author.
If you’re a reader or writer, a fan of middle grade or a parent who might like to introduce their kids to the author – I’d love to see you there.
To learn more about the books and author, the website is : http://www.magickeepers.com/
Kids come up with some great questions. I was at an event where one kid asked, "If you could be any kind of bubble gum, what color would you be, and what special powers would you have?"
You've got to admit, it's better than another question about where writers get their ideas.
I encourage everyone to get over there and ask an interesting question.

10 comments:

Merry Monteleone said...

EA,

Have I told you lately that I love you? I'd send you chocolate, but you're anon, so cyber chocolate will have to do. Thanks so much for announcing this.

Cyndi said...

I'm dying to know the answer to the bubble gum question!

Chris Eldin said...

Sounds like soooo much fun!! And Erica is a wonderful person and author! Thanks to Merry for doing this!!
:-)

Elizabeth said...

So what kind of superpowered bubble gum would *you* be?

Editorial Anonymous said...

I think I would be bright green and have the magical ability to always know the right thing to say. Also I would be able to fly.

ae said...

Peter Pan bubble gum?

When you chew it you take off!

Now that would sell.

Saying the right thing is not so cut and dry... or juicy and chewy in this case (but I think you are doing just fine.)

Erica Orloff said...

I would be pink sparkled gum. I don't even like the color pink, but . . . I don't know . . . seems fitting.

My superpower would be the ability to clone myself as need be--I have four kids.

E

Unknown said...

I would be a red jawbreaker. Conversely, my superpower would be not gagging.

#bestquestionever

Unknown said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Pengobatan Polip Serviks Herbal
Obat Syaraf Kejepit Yang Aman
Obat Kolesterol
Cara Mengobati Lemah Jantung
Obat Penyakit Gonore Tradisional

Lillian Cruz said...

There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

Addandclick.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web