Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Zen Center of the Writer's Life

I've got a 48,000 word MG/YA ms. Contemporary teen crossed with science fiction / fantasy. Not very edgy, but an imaginative, entertaining story. No swearing, sex, or drugs. I write fairly well as I'm an editor myself. I've gone the agent route, with no luck (I've sent out around 20 queries). Set it aside and start a new one, or plug away at trying to get this one published?
Both. Both, both, both.
  1. You must keep writing.
  2. You must keep submitting.
  3. Rejections mean nothing.

The two greatest things writers have on their side is Time and Work.

Very few of them realize this until they're years and years into their careers, however. Nevertheless, it is a fact that is worth meditating upon deeply or cross-stitching on a sampler. Try hard to realize the truth of this early.

4 comments:

lkmadigan said...

Time and Work.

Got it.

Thanks!

Sylvia said...

This is my dream.

Unknown said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Tips Cara Menghilangkan Anemia Pada Ibu Hamil

Assignment Help said...

Nice Post! The increasing importance of Writing Assignments has prompted students to take a helping hand from
Assignment Helper
Assignment Help